Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Painting 1-4-11


"West Chop Light" 8x8 oil on canvasboard $275 SOLD

Last month some of you emailed me and asked if I had any paintings of lighthouses. At the time I
did not, however I did have plenty of light house photos wich my wife had taken while visiting Martha's Vineyard, wich lies practically a stones throw off the coast of Cape Cod and not far at all from where we live . I painted this scene from one such photo. It depicts the lighthouse known as West Chop light, and is seen here from the road on wich it lies. If you've ever visited the island, and have taken the ferry from the Massachusetts mainland at Wood's Hole or Hyannis, you can see the light from its other perspective as it peeks through the trees, perched upon the bluff as you gaze out starboard when approaching the ferry landing at Vineyard Haven. I chose to paint it from this particular view because it had the flagpole in the foreground. Perhaps some day I'll paint it from the other vantage point.

No comments:

Post a Comment