Monday, February 6, 2012

New Painting 2/6/12

                       
                             " Nantucket Light" 6"x6" oil on canvasboard $200 SOLD

           Here is another painting I did over the summer that's been hanging around my studio. It depicts the Brant Point lighthouse on the picturesque island of Nantucket, MA. It is often photographed, and painted probably equally as much. If ever asked, I would have to say that this particular lighthouse is Nantucket's "signature" lighthouse.
           I wish I had something more current to post. At present, I am working on a very large painting which will be submitted to the National Veterans' Creative Arts Competition. The deadline for submissions is next Monday. As usual, I am feverishly working to complete the piece so that I can compete this year. Last year, I opted out. In 2009 I won third prize nationally . This year I hope to win big. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the lighthouse Peter!
    Good luck on the National Veteran's Creative Arts Competition! Congratulations for 2009 !
    Love your work.
    Take care.
    Middleboro Art Buddy Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, Thanks so much for all the comments you have been leaving here. For some reason, I have'nt been able to reply in the past. It's finally giving me the option to reply directly to your comments. I love your blog too, really liked that painting you did of the Town Hall.

      Delete
  2. This painting is beautiful! I love all your work! I was touched by your story an admire you! Thank you for your service to our Country! I know your buddy is so proud of all your accomplishments! My son is currently serving in the Navy overseas. I will add you to my prayer list. GOD bless you! Take care and good luck in the competition. I also love to paint but I will never win any contests or sell any. Oh well. ;) Tami

    ReplyDelete