Friday, December 18, 2015

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen


"A Carol for the Fallen"  8"x 10" oil on canvasboard $350 *SOLD*

To purchase this painting, email me at truegritartgallery@gmail.com or call
774-419-4160 Tuesdays thru Saturdays, 10am- 5pm
More paintings by me are available through my 'brick and mortar' business, 'True Grit Art Gallery', at truegritartgallery.com

It's been a while since I've painted anything new. The stress and hectic undertaking of opening a new business has kept me away from my easel these past few months. In these times, inspiration is often far off and elusive as my mind is preoccupied with other things. This past weekend however, I happened to catch a news story on television which spotlighted the efforts of thousands of volunteers and charitable patriots who had endeavored to decorate the headstones of our nation's fallen heroes at several National Cemeteries across the country. The task was headed up by 'Wreaths Across America', which every year gathers hundreds of thousands of donated Christmas wreaths from benefactors from all over the nation and world. Seeing this display of goodwill warmed my heart and was indeed the sorely needed spark to ignite that burning flame of inspiration deep in my soul. Perhaps I can use this image as next year's Christmas card design



2 comments:

  1. My honor to be the first to humbly comment another beautiful work of art Peter! Full of honesty and great emotion! Art on Peter! Bravo buddy!
    Michael Perchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete