Monday, October 25, 2010

New Painting plus Purchasing Info



"Summer Sidewalk" 9x12 oil on canvasboard $300 SOLD

   One of the biggest struggles about being a double amputee is that every little thing I do takes at least twice as long as it did when I was able-bodied. Add to that the unexpected  problems that can arise in everyday life and I often find myself overwhelmed and over-extended. For a long time, my continual solution to this problem was to shut down and withdraw from the pressure. A sort of chronic laziness and bouts of depression would set in. The pain from my injuries would get worse, adding to the mix, and a long period of idleness would usually follow.
  Painting has always helped me to ascend from these depths of despair. When I complete a peice that I'm proud of, I get a sense of empowerment that springs forth new hope in my life , and suddenly I feel as if anything I can dream of can be accomplished.
   The past few weeks have been a little rough for me. I'm currently working on a few different paintings and none of them are completed yet. Luckily, I've got a nice peice here thats ready to share with you. This painting was done from a photo I had my wife take for me while we were  driving down S.Main St. in Middleboro.

5 comments:

  1. HI Pete! I am really excited about your blog! It's awesome and your paintings are so amazing! Best of luck to you!

    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your work and would be honored to showcase your work in our office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete, if this weren't already sold, I'd buy it! I love the white clapboards and picket fence. You are an amazing artist. God bless you and thanks for your service and sacrifice.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance of getting this made into a print?
    I like the other two as well just showing details. Any chance of painting one more to make the 2 a Triptych?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We received the "Summer Sidewalk" painting and Peter it is more beautiful then we imagined!
    It is an honor to display it in our office. It will remind us every day of the beauty in life as well as the sacrifices. Thank you Peter.

    ReplyDelete