Friday, November 2, 2012

New Painting


"Moonlight on the Bog" 8"x8" oil on canvasboard 
$250 SOLD

           Here in Southeastern Massachusetts where I live, I'm surrounded by cranberry bogs. In fact, the Ocean Spray headquarters is located right here in my hometown of Middleborough. It's inevitable, if you're driving through the local back roads , and major routes as well, that you'd be bound to drive by numerous bogs like the one pictured above. They are a fixture of the local landscape. Although I'm surrounded by them, I've never actually done a painting of one. I chose to do a night scene to capture the sense of isolated serenity one can feel while passing by. In the fall, the bogs are flooded to harvest the berries.

                 For purchasing  info : Email me at dannyowen03@yahoo.com  * All paintings are framed and Ready to Hang with 3" wide "plein air" style gold frames.
                Please Help Share my blog on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the icons in the Upper Right Hand Column!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Peter!
    Another great one! Love that you chose the bogs at night. Love the darks. The colors are fantastic. I also love the brush strokes. Almost surreal!
    Bravo!
    If you get a chance check out my blog.
    A few posts back I did a few bog paintings. Almost abstract like! I think you might enjoy them.
    Keep painting buddy!
    Take care
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I thought this was a fishing scene! Great painting all the same.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a problem replying to comments, finally fixed it. Thanks Brian!

      Delete
  3. Terrific!!
    Debby Whitsitt... Very proud mom of MN2 Steven (USNavy) and SPC Geoffrey (KIA 2010 Afghanistan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry 4 late reply. I had a problem with my settings but finally fixed. Thanks 2 you and your sons 4 serving and 4 your tragic loss.We owe you everything! Many prayers and God Bless.

      Delete