Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Painting

 "fall windows" 6x8 oil on canvas board  $250 SOLD

I am constantly drawn  back to my hometown of Brockton ,Ma. for subjects to paint. I dont know exactly why that is. I've had this particular painting in my mind for some time now.Maybe its because the city is full of multifamily homes like this one and I feel a strong sense of nostalgia when I  think of them.Although it's considered an eyesore by many, Brockton was once a great city of industry. Many people flocked to Brockton at the turn of the last century to claim their share of the "American Dream". Working Class families, immigrants mostly,came to work in the city's numerous shoe factories. Now that industry is gone and the city has strugggled ever since , but the same hope of a better life is stilll alive for many people who make their home there. The city is still mostly "Blue-Collar" and it's proud "Brocktonians" , both presently and formerly ,woudn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment